||This article is incomplete.|
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Nisaetus nanus
- Rufescent sides of head with blackish streaks
- Dark crest broadly tipped white
- Three dark bands on tail
- Buffish-white base to underside flight feathers
- Warm buffish coverts with narrow dark barring
South-east Asia: found from Myanmar to the Malay Peninsula, Borneo, and Sumatra.
The subspecies stresemanni is only found on the Nias island of Sumatra.
It was formerly placed in the genus Spizaetus.
Two subspecies are recognized
- Nias Island (off western Sumatra)
Evergreen rain forests, oil palm plantations.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, B.L. Sullivan, C. L. Wood, and D. Roberson. 2012. The eBird/Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to October 2012. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019. Spreadsheet available at http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/downloadable-clements-checklist
- BirdLife International
 External Links