||This article is incomplete.|
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
Alternative names: White-bellied Blue Robin
- Brachypteryx albiventris
- Dark slaty-blue head, breast and upperparts
- Whitish brow over black lores
- Blue-grey flanks and clear-cut white belly and vent
An Indian endemic, only found in the Nilgiri Hills (south of Palghat Gap) in the southwest of the subcontinent.
This is a monotypic species.
It was formerly considered conspecific with Nilgiri Shortwing.
Placed in genus Myiomela by Gill and Donsker.
Evergreen and shola forests near streams, also pine, wattle and tea plantations near shola forests.
- Clements, JF. 2011. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to August 2011. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019. Spreadsheet available at http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/downloadable-clements-checklist
- Rasmussen, PC and JC Anderton. 2005. Birds of South Asia: The Ripley Guide. Barcelona: Lynx Edicions. ISBN 978-8487334672
 External Links