||This is a disambiguation page. A number of articles are associated with the title White-vented Myna. |NOTE:
If an internal link
referred you to this page, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
White-vented Myna may refer to one of two species of Myna:
This confusion arises from the splitting of Acridotheres grandis (sensu lato) (which was called White-vented Myna) into three species:
- Clements1 and Sibley & Monroe4 retained the name White-vented Myna for Acridotheres grandis (sensu stricto), but Dickinson2 and Gill & Wright3 use Great Myna for that taxon.
- Clements1 uses the name Javan Myna for this taxon, but Dickinson2 and Gill & Wright3 use White-vented Myna; Sibley & Monroe4 do not recognise javanicus as a separate species, but as a subspecies of A. cinereus
- Clements1, Dickinson2, Gill & Wright3 and Sibley & Monroe4 all use Pale-bellied Myna for A. cinereus
- Clements, JF. 2008. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2008. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019. Spreadsheet available at http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist.
- Dickinson, EC, ed. 2003. The Howard and Moore Complete Checklist of the Birds of the World. 3rd ed., with updates to December 2007 (Corrigenda 7). Princeton: Princeton Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0691117010
- Gill, F and M Wright. 2008. Birds of the World: Recommended English Names. Princeton University Press, Princeton NJ, USA. 2006. ISBN 9780691128276. Update (2008) downloaded from http://worldbirdnames.org/names.html.
- Sibley, CG and BL Monroe. 1996. Birds of the World, on diskette, Windows version 2.0. Charles G. Sibley, Santa Rosa, CA, USA.