- Pernis celebensis
Includes: Philippine Honey Buzzard
- Black crown and nape
- Short crest on nape
- Sepia upper parts and upper wings
- Buff streaks on upper back
- Brown to black tail with a broad pale brown band
- Sides of the head are streaked with sepia and pale brown
- White throat and chin narrowly streaked with black, broad black median line and black edges
- Buff upper breast streaked with dark brown
- Barred white and dark brown lower breast, belly and under-wing coverts
- Yellow to brown eyes
- Yellow cere and feet
- Bill black above, and horn coloured at base of lower mandible
Immatures are much paler brown above than the adult; pale sepia with paler edges.
Philippines and Sulawesi. Resident.
Two subspecies are recognised:
- Sulawesi, Muna, Butung and Peleng islands
The diet includes bees and their honey-combs.
- Clements, JF. 2008. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2008. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
 External Links