- Nisaetus alboniger
- Black upperparts
- Black spotted breast, barred below
- Thick white band on uppertail and undertail
- Prominent crest
- Dark brown upperparts
- Light brown head and underparts
South-east Asia: found in the forests of southern Myanmar to Malay Peninsula, Sumatra and Borneo.
This is a monotypic species.
It was formerly placed in the genus Spizaetus.
Lower montane rain forest. Broadleaf evergreen forest, forest edges up to 1,980 meters.
It builds a stick nest in a tree; a single egg is laid.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, B.L. Sullivan, C. L. Wood, and D. Roberson. 2012. The eBird/Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to October 2012. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019. Spreadsheet available at http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/downloadable-clements-checklist
- angelfire (the late Laurence Poh)
 External Links