BirdForum

BirdForum (http://www.birdforum.net/index.php)
-   Wildlife Art (http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=469)
-   -   From the sketchbook... (http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=68130)

buzzard12 Wednesday 20th September 2006 16:49

From the sketchbook...

3 Attachment(s)
My fear of losing a sketchbook has resulted in me transfering them to the computer through digital camera.

Here are a few, Song Thrush from a few days ag, Grey Heron last week and Yellow Legged Gull from Galicia in Spain...

buckskin hawk Wednesday 20th September 2006 16:55

Wow. I would love to see more.

stuart C smith Wednesday 20th September 2006 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzard12
My fear of losing a sketchbook has resulted in me transfering them to the computer through digital camera.

Here are a few, Song Thrush from a few days ag, Grey Heron last week and Yellow Legged Gull from Galicia in Spain...

you have a great talent, i also would like to see more. regards stuart

buzzard12 Wednesday 20th September 2006 18:46

3 Attachment(s)
Here you go guys...

Tufted Duck eclipse male, Greenshank and juv. Red Backed Shrike...

stuart C smith Friday 22nd September 2006 14:19

Quote:

Here you go guys...

Tufted Duck eclipse male, Greenshank and juv. Red Backed Shrike...

better and better [ if thats possible ] , your sketches have life in them, as i said before you have a rare talent , thank you for sharing , can we have some more please ?. regards stuart.

Lisa W Saturday 23rd September 2006 03:11

These are great, so far I like the Heron best. Would also love to see more.

jomo Saturday 23rd September 2006 05:36

Awesome, just amazing work. Wish I had the confidence to use pen - it's difficult not having that eraser to fall back on when everything goes horribly, horribly wrong!

timwootton Wednesday 4th October 2006 08:42

Love these - the fluidity of your line work in the heron drawing is enviable. Like to see some more, please.

Mabel Wednesday 4th October 2006 09:19

Buzzard12, keep up the good work. Seriously.

buzzard12 Thursday 5th October 2006 15:12

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more so. I will post more sketches on this same thread in the near future as I get them rather than start a new thread each time...

jomo Thursday 5th October 2006 15:23

Brilliant. Great job getting the shadows on the Shrike. And that Nuthatch is excellent -- loose and absolutely spot on.

hornet Thursday 5th October 2006 16:26

These sketches are brilliant, making this a must-view thread for me - keep 'em coming.

JRE Saturday 7th October 2006 11:47

The GC Grebe is incredibly good

buzzard12 Wednesday 18th October 2006 15:17

Hawfinch and Goldcrest sketches...Oct 2006

3 Attachment(s)
Done over the last few days. Hawfinch and Goldcrests. Goldcrests done at home from fieldsketches with a bit more care...

buzzard12 Wednesday 18th October 2006 16:36

Pencil Eider and Snipe

2 Attachment(s)
Female eider and snipe from 2 weeks ago also. Pencil this time, suited the subject better to use lead..

timwootton Wednesday 18th October 2006 22:18

Quote:

Done over the last few days. Hawfinch and Goldcrests. Goldcrests done at home from fieldsketches with a bit more care...

Hi Buzzard - lovely group of recent work here. Particularly the godcrests - the lower bird is georgeous - the under-hanging pose is perfect (and sooo difficult to get right) - great linework. You really understand the anatomy of these birds - very well done.

Gill Osborne Thursday 19th October 2006 17:11

Wow!!!!! Brilliant pics :t: You make it all look so effortless :cool:

They're ALL fabulous but that male Tufted Duck - I LOVE!!!!!!!!!! :t:

mattie Thursday 19th October 2006 19:14

The goldcrests gotta be the best so far what a talant

Andrew Thursday 19th October 2006 19:45

Quality stuff, thanks for sharing them with us.

Woody Friday 20th October 2006 08:11

Excellent stuff, particularly like the Eider.

Woody

Lisa W Saturday 21st October 2006 18:35

Hmmmm? Decisions, decisions. Really like the new ones, now what is my favorite, can't decide between the original heron or the goldfinches. All are excellent.

buzzard12 Tuesday 31st October 2006 13:31

Ink Brushed Black Throated Divers

1 Attachment(s)
Not normally a method I use, but did this with black indian ink and water. There was no preliminary sketch either and the whole thing took me just over an hour. It is fairly large for a black and white, is on A2 size card.
Came out a little stylized, with a lot of pronouced curves, but quite like it anyway I think...

Question for anybody out there who regularily puts artwork online... What is the best way to scan images, especially the larger pieces??
I am currently just taking photos with a Canon A95 digi camera. Have my own artwork website under constuction at the moment and am wondering how best to go about it...

jomo Wednesday 1st November 2006 02:06

I really, really like this. Very loose, I love the water. I hope to see you try this method again some time -- great success!

Jane Turner Wednesday 1st November 2006 07:37

These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

ESTEBANNIC Wednesday 1st November 2006 15:36

great stuff!!