• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Sunbird, Tanzania (1 Viewer)

Mick Harris

United Kingdom
Wondering if this a Beautiful Sunbird - both the same individual and in the grounds of Simba Farm Lodge, West Kilimanjaro.

Attachments

• _G3B7005.jpg
    _G3B7005.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 22
  • _G3B7007.jpg
    _G3B7007.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 16
I've been struggling with a juvenile sunbird ID recently myself. To me this looks good for Beautiful, with the very short tail and lack of mottling on the chest. I expected to see a narrow white band on the end of the tail, but I'm not sure if that is always present.

Thanks a lot for your help - it seems to be difficult to to get much of a response where Sunbirds are concerned.
Much appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back