• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Acuter spotting scope - Fuji E550 (1 Viewer)

Peter_Perfect

24th Aug 2005 - I would like to know if anybody has coupled an Acuter 65mm spotting scope and a Fuji E550 camera together and are the results worth the effort? Simple experiments I have carried indicate that it stands a chance of working, but untill I can get a good permanent connection I will not be certain.

Until someone tells me I am wasting my time, my plan is as follows. I do not like the idea of clamps and want a solid connection. So I have on order the Fuji Adapter Ring AR-FXE02. This will allow me to operate the camera with the lens assembly free to move. It has a thread at it's free end. The problem is now to connect to the 15-45 zoom eyepiece. This eyepiece is standard to the whole of the Acuter range, remove the rubber eyepiece and there is a machined slot to accept the three locking screws of a T piece.

I have found a company in Luton called SRB who will make a custom attachment, however because it is a one off custom unit I have to wait in the queue and will take 8-11 weeks before being made. Given I do not find any other suitable solution, in the next few weeks I will be placing an order with them.

Syntra who make the Acuter have bought Celestron and they are now selling the Ultima range spotting scopes. These appear to be later versions of the Acuter ones, however the standard eyepiece is a 18-55 zoom and has, according to the manual, a thread at the top of the eyepiece, the type is not stated.

I would be grateful for any replies, especially to anyone who has already coupled these two devices.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back