• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big Catterpillar, very bad pic (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
Sorry for breaking my own rules on the qulaity of posted shots but I thought that this was possibly distinctive enough to be ID'd from what is a pic of a pic.

Our beaming neighbour who's phone isn't internet capable, came to our Dacha with this on a stick, beaming from ear to ear. He knows our interest in such things and often brings seeds for our bird feeder.

It was pretty big, he was joking that it was like a sausage and he might try barbecuing it....

Large, bright green with two dark spots at the head end.

Sorry again for the quality or lack of, of the pic.

A

Attachments

• 7617049050041953307-account_id=0.jpg
    7617049050041953307-account_id=0.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 49
Hummingbird Hawkmoth perhaps. Forget that, I looked at the wrong pic in the book. It may be an elephant hawkmoth though.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back