• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adirondack Park Bird Alerts (1 Viewer)

gthang

Ford Focus Fanatic: mmmmmm... 3.1415926535.....
Hey, gang!

Well, my family has been planning to buy a cabin in Upstate New York for the last week or so. It's located in Edinburg, which is in Adirondack Park in Northern New York.

So far, I've seen only a really large flycatcher (either an Eastern Phoebe or an Olive-Sided Flycatcher). But I tried Birdingonthe.net's Rare Bird Alerts, but their servers are down indefinitely, so I am looking for information on what species I can expect to see in Adirondack Park.

I know that there is a possibility of seeing a Black-Backed Woodpecker and Boreal Chickadee, and was wondering if there were any other species seen up there!

Thanks for all your help!

I just checked the bird database, and both Eastern Phoebe and Olive-Sided Flycatcher seem to have a dark vest. Are they very similar looking, or can they easily be distinguished?

Because I have some rather fair-quality photographs of a flcyatcher with a dark vest (first thought was Phoebe, but it was pretty big, bigger than I remember most Phoebes). I could post the pictures later.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back