• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best stay on case for Kowa 884 ? (1 Viewer)

I have the Kowa case but don't use it. I chose instead to wrap my 883 in Mcnett Camo form tape. Cost $7. 1/10th the weight, doesn't retain heat and doesn't act like a sail in the wind while still offering protection from scratches and dings. Plus I just think it looks cool.

Rick

Attachments

• IMG_1537 (640x360).jpg
    IMG_1537 (640x360).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 417
  • Kowa Digisco Kit Full (600x800).jpg
    Kowa Digisco Kit Full (600x800).jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 335
I have the Kowa case but don't use it. I chose instead to wrap my 883 in Mcnett Camo form tape. Cost $7. 1/10th the weight, doesn't retain heat and doesn't act like a sail in the wind while still offering protection from scratches and dings. Plus I just think it looks cool.

Rick

Thank you for your replies.
Rick yours is a good idea though.
From your picture are you using the DA10 & DA04 adaptors from Kowa?
and how do you find digiscoping with the Kowa on your setup?
What camera are you using?

I tried hand holding my Fuji F31 using a hand made collar and was surprized how much better the images were to my previous setup.

Cheers RMWD

Kevin, it's been over a year since I did it so I can't be 100% certain but I think 1 roll was sufficient. Really depends on how you layer when applying it. But I bought 3 rolls figuring this stuff is too much fun. Now I have matching camo wrapped tripod legs, thermos, etc.!

Rick

Hi,
I've just bought a Kowa 884. Absolutely brilliant exceeds my expectations.
Can anyone recommend the best (usability in field) stay on case to buy.
I saw this where I bought the eyepiece and it looks functional.

http://www.acecameras.co.uk/asp/web/recorprod/1/product/14204/cat/1878/ph/cat/keywords/recor/recor/1/SearchFor//PT_ID/1/product.asp

What do you think?
Cheers
RMWD

I just got an 884 also, and WOW is right. Head to head with the neighbor's Zeiss 85 T FL (great glass) and the Kowa is superior in every way I have the view thru case in your pic and it's great. Fantastic spotter for sure.

I have used my 883 now for over a year and have used both of Kowas cases. The one I got with the scope was the bulky one and it was OK but I now have the tight fitting nylon case and it is superior. A well thought out and functional design.

Rick

What a cool idea. Just ordered some. Thanks.

Hi,
Camo looks great!
Nevertheless, it is different from Stay On Case.
From experiece, if you go for a SOC, Kowa's are definitly the best ones.
Regards
Yves

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back