• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brown Fish Owl - Turkey - July 2012 (1 Viewer)

MSA

I may be relaxed but I'm not drunk....
Hi all

I've been looking forward to this for a while, but intended travel companions have fallen by the wayside, so if anyone has space for one more on a shortish (ie less than a week) trip this July, please let me know! Happy to "rough it" if need be, sleeping in car a speciality (but not essential ;) ).

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark. BirdFinders do a trip in July , but you may prefer to be independent and keep the costs down. Best of luck, certainly a trip I will consider at some future point.
john.

Just had a quick check, return flights Gatwick to Antalya about £200, 4 day car hire for a Clio €140. Food, plus optional accommodation, not too bad even for a solo traveller....

Birdfinders £1,095, hassle removed, but owl is a night-time trip. Would be nice, but can't justify the extra cost (I'm using them for an Israel trip, which costs out OK in my opinion, so I'm not biased).

Hey Mark
have you made any more progress on this? I'd consider such a trip, though I would only be able to go for 3 days I think. How clear are you on the site and access, and of course on not disturbing the birds?
best
Adam

Sorry Adam, missed your question until now!

In a nutshell, as I've never been to Turkey, I've questioned the wisdom of what is basically a "twitch", and with several people seeming to combine the owls with a 1- or 2-week trip in late May/early June, when general birding's better, I'm now looking at options for a Spring trip, although this may have to wait until 2014.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back