• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good Starting Point (1 Viewer)

Madspider

Helllo .... I've only been seriously bird watching for a couple of weeks now and it so happens I have a weekend planned in Keswick this weekend. Could anyone give some advice of where a newbie would best be going in and around Borrowdale / Newlands ?

Many thanks in advance :-O

Spider ....

Hello Spider

Borrowdale is one of my favourite places. At this time of year I can't think of a better place to be than the Borrowdale oakwoods - Johnny Wood, Great Wood etc, looking for pied flycatchers, wood warblers and redstarts. Look out for peregrines on the crags too, as well as kingfishers and dippers in the Derwent.

Of course, you're not far from Bassenthwaite and its ospreys either.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Its strange I've been going there for the past 20 years walking, rock climbing and more recently mountain biking but clueless when it comes to birding !!
So a walk round the lake is in order for at least one day...

Spider...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back