• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What year was this Swift made? (1 Viewer)

2weels

Anybody know how to read this serial number (if it is that)?
I've seen people dating Swifts and the serial numbers have 6 digits.
This one obviously doesn't, and it has a single number followed by a dash,
which other SNs don't have either.

Thanks, just picked this up on ebay for 65 dollars shipped.
Hope my attachments work.

BTW anybody know where I can get lens caps for this?

Jim

xxxxxxx.jpg
yyyy.jpg

Anybody know how to read this serial number (if it is that)?
I've seen people dating Swifts and the serial numbers have 6 digits.
This one obviously doesn't, and it has a single number followed by a dash,
which other SNs don't have either.

Thanks, just picked this up on ebay for 65 dollars shipped.
Hope my attachments work.

BTW anybody know where I can get lens caps for this?

Jim

View attachment 644914
View attachment 644915

Hi Jim,

The first two digits after the hyphen indicate the year of manufacture. So yours was made in 1966. I never have been able to figure out what the "4-" signifies.

Tethered rubber objective covers can be purchased from several online sources as well as ocular covers. Sizing is based on outside diameters measured in mm.

Enjoy your binocular.

Ed

Thanks Ed!

I'll see if I can scare up a source for covers now that you have given me some words to search for.

Jim

Hi Jim,

The first two digits after the hyphen indicate the year of manufacture. So yours was made in 1966. I never have been able to figure out what the "4-" signifies.

Tethered rubber objective covers can be purchased from several online sources as well as ocular covers. Sizing is based on outside diameters measured in mm.

Enjoy your binocular.

Ed

Hi Jim,

Enjoy your binocular.

Ed

Hi, Ed:

The "4" COULD be the OEM number, like Kamakura's AD-7, DU-2, etc. :cat:

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back