BirdForum

BirdForum (http://www.birdforum.net/index.php)
-   TV & Radio Alert For Birding, Nature and Other Wildlife (http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=290)
-   -   Springwatch In Japan Cherry Blossom Time 21st April 2017 8.30pm BBC2 (http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=342525)

Euan Buchan Monday 10th April 2017 05:28

Springwatch In Japan Cherry Blossom Time 21st April 2017 8.30pm BBC2
 
Something a bit different for Springwatch this Easter.

Chris Packham, Michaela Strachan and James Wong join the lively Cherry Blossom celebrations taking place across Japan this spring.

The blossom or 'Sakura' is one of the world's most stunning seasonal wonders, with blankets of pink flowers sweeping across the country.

Whilst James looks at the history of this famous festival, Chris and Michaela discover the wildlife that live alongside the blossom. And all three find themselves partying with the crowds of Japanese 'blossom watchers.'.

Peewit Wednesday 12th April 2017 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euan Buchan (Post 3549630)
Something a bit different for Springwatch this Easter.

Chris Packham, Michaela Strachan and James Wong join the lively Cherry Blossom celebrations taking place across Japan this spring.

The blossom or 'Sakura' is one of the world's most stunning seasonal wonders, with blankets of pink flowers sweeping across the country.

Whilst James looks at the history of this famous festival, Chris and Michaela discover the wildlife that live alongside the blossom. And all three find themselves partying with the crowds of Japanese 'blossom watchers.'.

Sounds good and it is a little different

Bubbs Wednesday 12th April 2017 18:21

Next stop Eilat.

Farnboro John Monday 17th April 2017 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbs (Post 3550835)
Next stop Eilat.

Or Texas!

John

Euan Buchan Friday 21st April 2017 06:10

Looking forward to this programme tonight.

Sandra (Taylor) Friday 21st April 2017 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euan Buchan (Post 3554659)
Looking forward to this programme tonight.

Nah! Would rather see what's going on in Europe birdwise.

S

Gander Friday 21st April 2017 20:06

Disappointing. More like a long Japanese tourist board promotion than Springwatch. Twenty five mins to go to redeem themselves though.

Gander Friday 21st April 2017 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gander (Post 3554996)
Disappointing. More like a long Japanese tourist board promotion than Springwatch. Twenty five mins to go to redeem themselves though.

No redemption made. They didn't even announce where Springwatch 2017 will be based.|:(|

cheshirebirder Friday 21st April 2017 20:59

Agreed, very poor in terms of wildlife. Not sure why they filmed it under the spring watch title .

Telephoto Paul Friday 21st April 2017 21:04

It's not particularly Springwatch-like, but I'm enjoying it for what it is. My only real complaint is some of the repetition in explanation.

Euan Buchan Saturday 22nd April 2017 06:25

It was ok quite interesting look forward to the proper programme though.

Telephoto Paul Saturday 22nd April 2017 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshirebirder (Post 3555015)
Agreed, very poor in terms of wildlife. Not sure why they filmed it under the spring watch title .

Because Autumnwatch In Japan - Cherry Blossom wouldn't have made sense ;)

Name recognition to get bums on the sofa and a presenting pair the BBC know work well together. And while it lent travelogue, it was still very much around a natural phenomenon that it tied in to spring.

Otherwise it would probably and been a Humble and Bonnin show and I wouldn't have switched it on.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36.

Powered by vBulletin®, copyright ©2000 - 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BirdForum Ltd 2002 - 2014