• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sketch (1 Viewer)

Jackie Garner

Following on from my post of Heading Home on the Gallery pages here, BF members have kindly suggested I post some more work. (Friendly lot on BF!) So here's an example of what I do - bird sketches from life in watercolour and pencil. Mostly I sketch at WWT Slimbridge, as there are always inspiring subjects around, though this one is from the beautiful Forest of Dean. I like the mixture of pencil and painted sketches on the same page, rather than just one or the other. Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• Great Grey Shrike.JPG
    Great Grey Shrike.JPG
    281.2 KB · Views: 282
marvellous work Jackie - lots of life and brilliantly observed. Very much looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Tremendous. A lovely page of work exceptionally well observed and drawn, like the use of colour too, look forward to seeing more...

welcome Jackie....really looking forward to more of your fantastic pages...the mix of watercolor and sketch is just delightful to see, not to mention how beautiful the birds are.

Lovely work Jackie, welcome along to the forum and I look forward to you sharing more with us and joining in our sometimes slightly off the wall discussions.

Mike

Wow - such great comments, and someone admits to looking at my website too! Double whammy! Thanks everyone. Hope lots of you will come to see me at Bird Fair or Open Studios - planning to have lots of sketches on view.

Detailed Watercolours

Just got on my soapbox on Matty Bohan's thread about using good quality brushes for watercolours. Thought I'd better put my money where my mouth is, so here's one of my feather paintings - as you can see, I like detail! Brushes were Isabey 6228 and W&N Series 7, sizes ranged from 2 to 10. Good brushes are essential pieces of kit as far as I'm concerned.

Attachments

• Jackie_Garner1.JPG
    Jackie_Garner1.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 170
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back