• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Survivors:Nature's Indestructible Creatures:1/3 BBC4 Tues 24/1/20 - 21.00-22.00pm (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
Hi there

Looks a deep, dark programme of 'many' species on planet earth

The programme will look deep into the millions of years of extinction of all species

I think this will be an eye opener as to what is the written truth about animals species, and the opposing scientific view of what the plain truth is about animals species and their true survival, and how they coped in their own environment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01b4wmr

Has a good write up in the Radio Times for this week - Page 74.

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Not remotely as glitzy as the lamentable 'Earthflight' nor as heavily 'pushed', but a far better and more interesting programme. Richard Fortey obviously knows his stuff - I took that for granted - but what was particularly welcome was the gentle humour of the presenter. Great stuff,

Richard Fortey obviously knows his stuff

Writes very well too. I recommend his "Trilobite!" in particular, and there are some wondeful tales in his "Dry Store Room No.1" about various characters scattered through the history of the Natural History Museum.

Great programme too, I look forward to the others.

James

I've just caught the first episode on iPlayer tonight. Very good it was too. I've got two of his books, The Earth and The Hidden Landscape. He really does know what he's talking about. This series is based on his new book.

A delightful trio of programmes. Fortey is a terrific presenter; gently eccentric with a wonderful sense of humour. I can't think of any other wildlife programme where the presenter not only tells you about the lifestyle and biology of the subjects, but also, where appropriate, what they taste like! The absolute antithesis of the Earthflight pap - driven by content not just flashy pictures,

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back