BirdForum

BirdForum (http://www.birdforum.net/index.php)
-   Wildlife Art (http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=469)
-   -   Recent piece (http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=332641)

IanDR Wednesday 5th October 2016 12:39

Recent piece

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 600772
Harbour turnstones ll, watercolour 52x49cm. Should I do something with the space on top left, or leave it blank?

delia todd Wednesday 5th October 2016 12:46

That's a gorgeous picture Ian. And a wonderful first post too.

Personally, I'd leave the space blank, it allows your eye to remain on the subject. However, I'd be interested to see what other people have to say.

Out of interest, what would you put there?

A warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators - I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

IanDR Wednesday 5th October 2016 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by delia todd (Post 3464311)
That's a gorgeous picture Ian. And a wonderful first post too.

Personally, I'd leave the space blank, it allows your eye to remain on the subject. However, I'd be interested to see what other people have to say.

Out of interest, what would you put there?

A warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators - I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Many thanks Delia,
Was thinking of a light, tonal hint of something to fill the space - nothing too heavy. Exactly what, I'm unsure of at present!

mark richards Friday 7th October 2016 19:59

like Delia said, leave it like it is, you eyes wander around the painting just right, another fantastic piece..

Corvus cornix Friday 7th October 2016 21:21

I'd agree with the others, I'd be inclined to leave it as it is. Another superb piece and thanks for posting it.

Cheers

pavan_n Friday 7th October 2016 21:37

Lovely picture Ian!
I can see a tonal hint of something filling that space - But it would depend on what. I think it looks really nice as it is.

A related question - could you tell us how did you digitized the painting? Did you use a scanner or a camera?

Best,
Pavan

IanDR Friday 7th October 2016 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvus cornix (Post 3465472)
I'd agree with the others, I'd be inclined to leave it as it is. Another superb piece and thanks for posting it.

Cheers

Thanks corvus

IanDR Friday 7th October 2016 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavan_n (Post 3465487)
Lovely picture Ian!
I can see a tonal hint of something filling that space - But it would depend on what. I think it looks really nice as it is.

A related question - could you tell us how did you digitized the painting? Did you use a scanner or a camera?

Best,
Pavan

Thanks for your reply pavan.

Photo is purely one taken with an iPad camera!

Kind regards, Ian

IanDR Friday 7th October 2016 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvus cornix (Post 3465472)

Cheers

Thanks again Corvus - think I'll just leave it as it is!