• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbird author.....? (1 Viewer)

birdboybowley

Well-known member.....apparently so ;)
England
Hey all

Just a shot in the dark here but I have approached Princeton Uni Press with the idea of producing a family monograph on hummers and the editor is interested...which is always the first hurdle! I'm up for doing the illustrations obviously but need an author. Does anyone know of any crazy such person that would entertain this idea? The book would (hopefully) run in the format of Helm monographs, with plates, individual text and (even more hopefully) photos at the back....Helm in the UK are weirdly ambivalent about making such a book - their loss, as I think it would sell in droves...especially when looking at how similar books about less widely-appreciated families sell. There is no comprehensive book containing all the hummers of the world - except HBW, which, by its very nature cannot be overly detailed.
Yes, the end product would not be cheap but, again, as HBW has proved, people (esp birders!!) will spend money on a quality product.
So, if anyone has a bright idea, please let me know

Cheers
Ads

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back