• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loud bird at night in Connecticut (1 Viewer)

Applied

In a tree nearby the bedroom window there's a bird that seems to start singing at night time. It'll go til at least 3 in the morning, possibly later. It wakes me up quite a few times at night. Is there any way of getting it to stop staying at this tree, without taking it down?

Use ear plugs. I'm sure that sooner or later the bird will disappear of it's own volition. Regardless of the annoyance must we be so inured to the little surprises of nature to have to consider drastic measures???

Here are your possibilities:

1) Cut the tree down, and hope it isn't a bird that sings from the ground!
2) Get your house better insulated.
3) Sleep with ear-plugs.
4) Get up when in starts to sing, open the window and scare it away. Repeat this practise until it get's the clue (which it may never)!

Basically, as you may understand from the above, there really isn't much you can do!

Whatever the case, it can be annoying if something keeps on making a loud noice throughout the night. But regarding birds outside your bedroom window: I think the birds already won that fight!

...and welcome to BirdForum

Last edited:
I'm hearing-impaired so naturally, i sleep like a baby.

Anyway, if we were given a description of the song, maybe we could help you even more.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back