• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Older Gold Ring versus new HD (1 Viewer)

tpcollins

The 8x32 Gold Ring pre-HD Leupolds are discounted online at $339 and the newer HD models are nearly twice that much. If greener greens is what the HD offers and the previous models are just as clear and sharp, then the older models seem like a decent bargain - unless I'm missing something? Thanks.

I owned the 8x32 non-HD last year. The image was remarkable and I would have kept them if it wasnt for the strap attachment lugs being so low on the binocular. I couldnt hold the binoculars without them digging into my hand. I have never encountered this with any binoculars before. The rubber armor coating was loose in spots and seemed a bit cheap. The image was stunning though. I wear glasses and the eye relief was very good. I am not sure the HD models are any different in regards to the strap attachments.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back