• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SX60 Teleconverter vs RAW (1 Viewer)

For the first time I investigated setting my SX60 to save in RAW format. To my dismay, I lose Teleconverter function when I make that change.
The shortcut button menu shows the T is not available whenever I have the camera selected for RAW.
What's up with this? Any work around? I was looking forward to exploring the Teleconverter. The Digital Zoom had gotten down graded by all I've read but the TC was deemed "ok".

Remarks???

As far as I know, the teleconverter of the SX60 is similar to the digital zoom, thus no optical teleconverter but digital.

The RAW image gives you what the sensor records, without any further processing of the image. As the digital TC is a type of processing of the image (basically a crop), obviously that has to be turned off if you want to record an unaltered image in RAW.

However, you should be able to crop to the same level in postprocessing as what the TC would give you.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back