• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

peregrine falcon on liverpool cathedral (1 Viewer)

tich62

was just wondering if anyone knows if the peregrines have been nesting here,isaw them there a few years ago but dont think they ever raised chicks there.i drove passed yesterday on the off chance,as soon as i pulled over in the car,i spotted one of the peregrines perched and a second flew on to the cathedral.it would be nice to think the birds are nesting there,i used to what the pair up by the docks and the pair in birkenhead,will pay another visit over the weekend.

was just wondering if anyone knows if the peregrines have been nesting here,isaw them there a few years ago but dont think they ever raised chicks there.i drove passed yesterday on the off chance,as soon as i pulled over in the car,i spotted one of the peregrines perched and a second flew on to the cathedral.it would be nice to think the birds are nesting there,i used to what the pair up by the docks and the pair in birkenhead,will pay another visit over the weekend.

Which cathedral?

Aye, and welcome to the forum!

Allen

Which cathedral?

Aye, and welcome to the forum!

Allen

They are on the anglican cathedral,i went again today and they were there again so i gather they are there all the time am going to go down later in the week to see if i can see someone about them,it would be nice if there was a platform built for them like in some other places,derby cathedral etc.there is no chance anyone can disturb the birds there are cameras everywere,that is why i am saying were it is,before anyone says i shouldnt be saying were they are and i am sure the cathedral are aware that the birds are there,i will be spending a lot more time down there from now on,lets hope we have some more breeding peregrines in liverpool.

They are on the anglican cathedral,i went again today and they were there again so i gather they are there all the time am going to go down later in the week to see if i can see someone about them,it would be nice if there was a platform built for them like in some other places,derby cathedral etc.there is no chance anyone can disturb the birds there are cameras everywere,that is why i am saying were it is,before anyone says i shouldnt be saying were they are and i am sure the cathedral are aware that the birds are there,i will be spending a lot more time down there from now on,lets hope we have some more breeding peregrines in liverpool.

Hi

They have nested before on the Anglican Cathedral that I know of, and one young Peregrine was rung. This was quite a few years ago. At least 10 years ago I think. I am not sure about recent history though. They nest in Birkenhead, and elsewhere in Liverpool too.

Hi

They have nested before on the Anglican Cathedral that I know of, and one young Peregrine was rung. This was quite a few years ago. At least 10 years ago I think. I am not sure about recent history though. They nest in Birkenhead, and elsewhere in Liverpool too.

yes mal,i was down there today,the first time a seen them there was about 1996,so i gather they have been there since then,i was talking to someone from the cathedral today,he said they had 2 chicks last year,the rspb are aware that the birds are there and there are cameras everywere,infact the girl that was manning the cameras today showed me shots of the nest site,the only negative,to this story,is that the peregrines have killed the kestrals that were nesting there,at one time there was 2 breeding pairs that i new of.

Hello Tich62, not sure if they will nest they seem pretty settled so hope so. I watch them most mornings on my way to work. Iv been a keen birdwatcher for 40 years and have never seen peregrine so feel privileged to watch them. Fascinating animals and a majestic building.. I look forward to my walk to work now!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back