• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

found "Audubon Water Bird Guide" at Half-Price Books! (1 Viewer)

nctexasbirder

young birder
it didnt have a price on it so i got it for 5.98. i found it once before but waited to long to get it....it is a neat little guide, it has detailed text on water, game and large land birds of Eastern N.A. Pete Dunne recommended it in his "Field Guide Companion" because he used it when he first got started birding....it is an old book (1951) but a gem! It especially has good details on the sandpipers not found in the field guides...

i think there is another volume for passerines..."Audubon Bird Guide to Small Land Birds"...does anyone have this one? is it also good?

I love collecting these old bird books and I have many. I have the waterbird guide, and the Audubon Bird Guide- Eastern Land Birds by Richard Pough and illustrated by Don Eckelberry I think you are referring to. I paid $6.50 for that one (I would pay three times that!). Harder to find in my opinion is the Audubon Western Bird Guide by the same authors published in 1957. A must have to complete the set. That one cost me $10.00. Who cares! The bottom line is if you browse through your local antique book stores you will find these things on the shelves for a cheap price. They need good homes so pick them up and enjoy the history.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back