• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Razor LE Eyepiece On The Swaro 65 HD Spotting Scope ? (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
I have read here on the forum, that the Vortex Razor 85 HD Zoom eyepiece will not properly fit on Swaro 65 HD due to the barrel being to long. I was wondering if the LE eyepiece (RZR-Ler1) which is 18x on the Vortex 65 HD will properly fit on the Swaro. I ask this because the barrel on the LE eyepiece is about 1/8' shorter than the zoom eyepiece I have that goes with the Vortex 65 HD . Has anyone tried to mount the 18x Vortex long eye relief eyepiece on the Swaro 65 HD ? . .. gwen.

Last edited:
I have read here on the forum, that the Vortex Razor 85 HD Zoom eyepiece will not properly fit on Swaro 65 HD due to the barrel being to long. I was wondering if the LE eyepiece (RZR-Ler1) which is 18x on the Vortex 65 HD will properly fit on the Swaro. I ask this because the barrel on the LE eyepiece is about 1/8' shorter than the zoom eyepiece I have that goes with the Vortex 65 HD . Has anyone tried to mount the 18x Vortex long eye relief eyepiece on the Swaro 65 HD ? . .. gwen.

Hi Gwen,

if your looking for a fixed low mag e/p, have you considered this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swarovski-22x-eyepiece-for-ATS-STS-ST-AT-ATM-STM-spotting-scopes-/121583126324?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c4eeb4734

I use it on an ATM65 and really like it. It's original use was on the AT80 so it's not to the same standard as the more modern e/ps but it is very bright and quite wide. It's wider fov than the Vortex.

I posted here about it:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=301438

All the best
BS

PS- I am not linked to the seller of the e/p in anyway, other than being a satisfied customer a few times in the past.

Last edited:
Hi Gwen,

if your looking for a fixed low mag e/p, have you considered this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swarovski-22x-eyepiece-for-ATS-STS-ST-AT-ATM-STM-spotting-scopes-/121583126324?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c4eeb4734

I use it on an ATM65 and really like it. It's original use was on the AT80 so it's not to the same standard as the more modern e/ps but it is very bright and quite wide. It's wider fov than the Vortex.

I posted here about it:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=301438

All the best
BS

PS- I am not linked to the seller of the e/p in anyway, other than being a satisfied customer a few times in the past.
Hi .... Thanks for the info. Since my original question I was able to purchase a New (old stock) Swarovski 30x W eyepiece from Cameralandny which mounts nicely on my Vortex Razor HD 65mm. Now having the Swaro 30x W eyepiece, along with the Vortex LE 18x eyepiece I am no longer considering the Swaro 65 scope/Vortex LE 18x combo. The Vortex Razor HD 65 is an amazing value, costing hundreds of dollars less. In my case I paid $650 less than the Swarovski 65 HD when I purchased the Vortex scope from Opticsplanet. I doubt very much if there is any other 65mm scope that can match the low power view that Vortex Razor HD does when used with the two eyepieces I now have. Would I buy the Swarovski 65 HD, yes ... just to compare the two but I do not think I will ever see a New Swaro 65mm HD sell for what you can get a Vortex 65 HD for. ...gwen

Hi .... Thanks for the info. Since my original question I was able to purchase a New (old stock) Swarovski 30x W eyepiece from Cameralandny which mounts nicely on my Vortex Razor HD 65mm. Now having the Swaro 30x W eyepiece, along with the Vortex LE 18x eyepiece I am no longer considering the Swaro 65 scope/Vortex LE 18x combo. The Vortex Razor HD 65 is an amazing value, costing hundreds of dollars less. In my case I paid $650 less than the Swarovski 65 HD when I purchased the Vortex scope from Opticsplanet. I doubt very much if there is any other 65mm scope that can match the low power view that Vortex Razor HD does when used with the two eyepieces I now have. Would I buy the Swarovski 65 HD, yes ... just to compare the two but I do not think I will ever see a New Swaro 65mm HD sell for what you can get a Vortex 65 HD for. ...gwen

The Razor is a great scope and as you say, great value. I tried the Razor and a Swaro 65 HD side by side a year or two ago and there was very little difference between the two. The only difference I remember is the colourcast, with the Razor being cooler or bluer.

The older Swaro e/ps are good value too.

I jusr bought a 15x one but, disappointingly, the fov is the same as the 22x e/p that I have. I was hoping it would be a lot wider.

Enjoy your new optics
BS

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back