• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help ID these Cuban Lizards (1 Viewer)

Warixenjalka

Birdwitcher
Finland
All shots are taken 2017 February.

1st, 2nd and 3rd are taken in Soroa (path to Mirador), West Cuba. 2nd and 3rd are same specimen. Some Anolis? Habitat: Forest.

4th and 5th are from Cayo Romano, Cuban north coast. Different specimens but (I thought) same species. Habitat was dry bushes. These lizards have really fast movements.

Attachments

• qIMG_7812.jpg
    qIMG_7812.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 43
  • qIMG_7888.jpg
    qIMG_7888.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 32
  • qIMG_7889.jpg
    qIMG_7889.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 38
  • qIMG_9628.jpg
    qIMG_9628.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 42
  • qIMG_9651.jpg
    qIMG_9651.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 29
Lizard, Turtle and Frog?

And couple odd Reptile and one amphibian more.

1st lizard I saw near Varadero at road side.

2nd lizard photo was taken at Varadero beach.

3rd is some Pond Turtle I think. Photo taken near Playa Larga, Central Cuban south coast.

4th was really big frog - maybe Bull Frog (Rana catesbeiana). Las Terrazas, Western Cuba. It took shower with me. :king:

Attachments

• qIMG_0520.jpg
    qIMG_0520.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 30
  • qKuva5-540.jpg
    qKuva5-540.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 31
  • qqIMG_8806.jpg
    qqIMG_8806.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 26
  • qqKuva5-32.jpg
    qqKuva5-32.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 37
Thank you guys.

I should noticed thoes toepads from frog. But it was so big, that it even didn't came to my mind it can be some tree frog. :eek!: I think I haven't never seen so big frog before. And I have seen many Common (European) Toads.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back