• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trump is going to withdraw USA from Paris climate agreement (1 Viewer)

It is a matter of time when Trump is going to outvote the ESA. He hates nature and animals as you can see on his encounter with the Bald Eagle. His poor life is depending on MONEY!!!

A nice quote from Duke Ellington:

After people have destroyed all people everywhere, I see heaping mounds of money strewn over the earth, floating on and sinking into the sea. The animals and fish, who have no use for money, are kicking it out of the way and splattering it with dung. Money and stink, the stink of dung, the stink of money, so foul that in order for the flowers to get a breath of fresh air, the winds will come together and whip the sea into a rage, and blow across the land. Then the green leaves of trees, and grass, will give up their chlorophyll, so that the sea, the wind, the beasts, and the birds will play and sing Nature’s old, sweet melody and rhythm.

Duke Ellington, Music Is My Mistress, 1973

It is a matter of time when Trump is going to outvote the ESA. He hates nature and animals as you can see on his encounter with the Bald Eagle.

I don't think he hates nature and animals. I think he simply doesn't care about them. That's what his policy shifts/changes have said to me. Regardless, though, everyone can agree his policies are extremely detrimental to nature and for conservation.

I don't think he hates nature and animals. I think he simply doesn't care about them. That's what his policy shifts/changes have said to me. Regardless, though, everyone can agree his policies are extremely detrimental to nature and for conservation.

I'm not sure he really cares for anything but himself and his image really.

Let's just hope that this is a 4-year blip in American history, and he doesn't get a second term on office. Hopefully America can then re-engage with their commitment to this agreement.

We're all being very nice but some of his comments on Twitter over the years are just dumb - he clearly no idea what is happening with and why the climate is changing (not that I am an expert). Just because it snows in October he thinks there is no global warming. Yes there has been record snowfall in some places but because its warmer - if its too cold it doesn't snow its just cold. There is more snowfall in years after forest fires in America. Forest fires because its hotter and dryer leading to a snowy winter I guess is what they are saying.

As i said I'm not an expert in weather or climate change but its the stupid comments after one off events that gets me. Climate change (used to be known as global warming) is something that has been happening for 500 years its just the acceleration that is frightening and probably irrevsible.

When all said and done he, in short, is a ****...

When all said and done he, in short, is a ****...

All said and done, I would ask who this **** label should apply to?

Personally I think he is unfit to be President and disagree with just about everything he says and does ... but he is doing (or at least attempting to do) exactly what he said as a candidate - to pull out from the Paris accord, to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, to build the wall, to ban Muslims, to overturn Obamacare, etc.

He said in advance he would do this - why blame Trump now, blame all those folk that voted for him, they wanted this and got this.

The one thing that could be said for Trump is, in contrast to many politicians, at least he is honouring his election pledges!

Let's just hope that this is a 4-year blip in American history, and he doesn't get a second term on office.

Since he is honouring everything he promised to those who voted for him, and his popularity with that base seems to rise with every outlandish thing he does, I don't see a second term being hugely implausible.

Mind you, I also wouldn't be hugely surprised to see him have one almighty huff and spontaneously tell half of his core supporters to get stuffed in a late night tweet for some triviality or other :)

Trump's behavior may be also simply PURE ATAVISTIC DESTRUCTION aimed to spoil everything what Obama (originating from from competing party) achieved. Like between PO and PiS parties in Poland. Burn everything around to win and kill the oponent. And this is not only about withdrawal from Paris climate agreement.
That may have something to do with the instinct of intra-species competition (envy, jealousy). That destructive activity obviously has also probably real impact on voters.
Withdrawal of such important country like the USA (the examplar) may have negative psychological impact on other countries, what is noticed in the nytimes paper. Because perhaps many of them joined the agreement to not be out of the exclusive club. This in turn may have something to do with the herd instinct.
to build the wall
State borders are for a reason. If they leak, they should be sealed. All countries have borders.

Edited much later:
That is war on success partially. Trump annihilates all successes of his predecessor regardless consequences.

Last edited:
What I find interesting is that, yes, as a statement, pulling out of the Paris Agreement is bad. Hell of a message to send to other countries who aren't very nuanced in our involvement to begin with. Big headlines, great for Twitter-ites.

However, since the whole thing was voluntary and not approved by Congress, it has always been non-binding fluff anyway, a nice talking point. Made us feel good but meant...nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I despise Trump, absolutely, and without reservation. He's a Grade A idiot. This is not an endorsement for him, just some perspective. Trump didn't "do" anything except turn one nothing into a different nothing and expose the USA as hypocritical on the environment.

Quite sad really...

Trump is going to withdraw

Trump is a very dangerous person I don't think he cares about anything apart from his cash and his family. I hope he has gone long before his 4 years is up. He defies everything or rips apart things that have been put in place for the greater good.:t:

Since he is honouring everything he promised to those who voted for him, and his popularity with that base seems to rise with every outlandish thing he does, I don't see a second term being hugely implausible.

But only in the base; elsewhere in the electorate his popularity is plummeting, and he can't win again without such outside support since the base is much too small to reelect him on its own.

Getting back OT, all is not necessarily lost with federal withdrawal from the accord. There are the states and municipalities--

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/...l?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share

All said and done, I would ask who this **** label should apply to?

Personally I think he is unfit to be President and disagree with just about everything he says and does ... but he is doing (or at least attempting to do) exactly what he said as a candidate - to pull out from the Paris accord, to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, to build the wall, to ban Muslims, to overturn Obamacare, etc.

He said in advance he would do this - why blame Trump now, blame all those folk that voted for him, they wanted this and got this.

The one thing that could be said for Trump is, in contrast to many politicians, at least he is honouring his election pledges!

I agree Jos - incredible but he is acting out his pledges so there shouldn't be any surprises!
But what gets me is the one liners he chucks out on 'world' events without really thinking of the consequences of his actions/comments. Maybe he should be applauded for speaking his mind but then half the time he says he didn't! Even when the proof is there...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back