• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waxwing (1 Viewer)

IanF

I was so pleased that these birds hung around another day. Seen in Whitehouse Road, Billingham on Sunday 22nd December 2002. They are a first for us and on my birthday too !

Even the sun broke through for long enough to get a couple of photos :cool:

Attachments

• waxwing-221202eo.jpg
    waxwing-221202eo.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 234
Ian,
What a pic!! I don't get to see these birds much down here in the south west, they rarely get this far.

Birthday and Christmas, Happy x2

Colin

Ian

Happy Birthday and thank you for putting the pic on the site for everyone to appreciate. It's certainly not a bird I have ever come across. Great stuff.

Peter

We get them in Southern California in the summer time and it is a real treat when a flock of them lands in my neighbour's tall Pecan tree.

Many Happy Returns, Ian!

A cracking shot! I went out myself today to see if any had arrived in our neck of the woods . . . no such luck!

Happy Birthday to you .. Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to youuuuuu
Happy Birthday to you
A singing gram from Canada!
and that is a fabulous shot you posted Ian... very very nice. Glad you got to not only see the waxers but you got a fabulous photograph as well.
Many happy returns.

Thanks everyone, I was dead chuffed to actually find them.

Getting a decent shot was just icing on the (birthday) cake ;)

Top shot Ian !

Unfortunately it is making me even more homesick !

Still, only 16 hours 32 minutes and 4 seconds untill I am home for xmas in Aberdeen, and hopefully scoping those beautiful little beasties !!

Paul

---------------------------------------------

Ian, Andy is right, this is what they should look like. Very well done photo. From the angle, it looks like he may have let you get pretty close. Or did you use your super-duper setup? (BTW, you have inspired me to get a TCON 14, I am keeping my eye open for a deal).

Great photo Ian.We've 3 down here in my neck of the woods,at Ilkley,but dont know if i'll get to see them as i'm working till the 4th Jan.Oh well heres hoping.

geoff

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back