• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Settings for Sony Dsc V1 (1 Viewer)

ody

I have a sony Dsc V1. A spotting scope Giant 20-60 X 80 from Seben.
I got an adaptor prepared from LCE Plymouth.
I still have problems to let them work together.
Could someone suggest any proper settings for my camera?
In attach a pigeon digiscoped 25m away. :stuck:

Attachments

• peristeri.JPG
    peristeri.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 201
can you be more specific, What zoom was the scope set at, and the settings you used on the camera, are you able to use other zoom settings without vignetting. Might then be able to help. Ernie

Thenk you for your reply!
The zoom of the scope is set to 20X. When I go with the camera to 4X I do not have vignetting.

ody said:
I have a sony Dsc V1. A spotting scope Giant 20-60 X 80 from Seben.
I got an adaptor prepared from LCE Plymouth.
I still have problems to let them work together.
Could someone suggest any proper settings for my camera?
In attach a pigeon digiscoped 25m away. :stuck:
Ody
I use a Sony DSCV1 on the following settings: Aperture priority; ISO100 (usually); full zoom; auto white balance; sharpness, saturation and contrast all set at normal; autofocus; multi metering mode; fine quality; 5.0 M image size. I am not familiar with your particular scope, but the above settings work reasonably well for me on both an Opticron ES 80 and a Swarovski ATS 80 HD.
Ted

Thank you very much tedk! I'll try the settings next week. At the time I am in Maastricth. When I am going to make some good pictures I'll puplish them here! |=)|

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back