View Single Post
Old Tuesday 12th September 2017, 20:03   #9
BruceH

Thanks Lee. Actually the price may turn out to be better than I thought when I bought it as the Deal of the Day from Amazon for $164.99 I subsequently came across a $35 rebate on the Legend M. What is interesting is Bushnell does not have it set up in their online system for promotions and it was a surprise to the rep when I had him look the form up online. Bushnell advised me to just mail it in so we shall see what happens. If anyone is interested in trying for the $35 rebate, the form can be found on the Legend M product pages at the B & H Photo and Optic Planet web pages. Purchase deadline is the end of Sept. 2017.

If the rebate comes through, my final cost will be $129.99. That probably has to score as my best value buy for performance to cost ratio. I think it is still an excellent buy at the current $270 Amazon price and there is still a possible $35 rebate. Optics Planet will probably match the Amazon price and not charge sales tax. They will probably also get it out the door faster if you are not a Prime customer.

I had concerns when it went on Amazon as a Deal of the Day that the model was being closed out but the Bushnell rep told be it has been a good seller and it is an active model with no indication to him that it is being discontinued.
(The Yin Yang of the Binocular Forum)

BF Supporter 2016 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation