• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I thought it weas a starling (1 Viewer)

eagle golden

While on a recent trip to Cyprus, managed a list of nearly 70 species, but on the second week Helen my wife said a starling has just landed on the next villa, I grabbed my camera with 300mm plus 1.4 converter, took a couple of shots, when I told one of birdlife cyprus he said that is good as starlings are quite scarce over here. When I was back in the UK and put them onto computer, I got a shock, I will post a picture. best regards MC hope you have seen my report.

Attachments

• Cyprus 11th t0 19th 2nd lot 281.NEF.jpg
    Cyprus 11th t0 19th 2nd lot 281.NEF.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
It's a female (or a young) Blue Rock Thrush.

edit: looking again there does seem to be a gape-line showing. So perhaps it is a juvenile...

Last edited:
It's a female (or a young) Blue Rock Thrush.

edit: looking again there does seem to be a gape-line showing. So perhaps it is a juvenile...

Yes it is a youngster,but it was a lovely shock when I saw it on computer, as someone on another forum said, dont take any thing for granteds. thanks guys. MC

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back