• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Incubation under way for the Great Tits (1 Viewer)

DavidJJones

Garden Bird & Bug Watcher
A pair Great Tits moved into my nestbox back during the second half of March and egg laying started on 11th or 12th April. Today, with at least eight eggs laid, incubation has started properly with the female sitting on the eggs for about 78% of the day.

I hadn't posted it in this forum before now (sorry), but a colour webcam has been covering progress from the beginning, and in my website there is a detailed diary of progress since their first visits.

Cheers,

Great site David

I have been watching this site for a few years now and it is very very interesting and informative. i Always check in to see how the diaries are going on. I would recommend a good look through this site for all interested in garden life in all its forms.

It must take up a lot of your time David but I do enjoy reading about your cameras and gadgets. great site

digi-birder said:
Fascinating stuff, David. I believe I may have seen your website before.

Diane - David is listed in our links. When we became keen to have a nestbox with a camera, I searched on Google, and found two people in the area with this sort of set-up - David was one of them!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back