• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photos of 14 species of endangered Ducks (1 Viewer)

Hi Harold and welcome from all the staff and moderators at Bird Forum.

You've some great pictures there

D

jurek said:
Hi,

Nice pictures, but BirdForum is not about captive, collection or zoo birds.

These images are from organizations attempting to keep the species alive, not collections or zoos. The Duck family has been particularily hard hit by factors which threaten all birds. In this case they are losing habitat, they are heavily hunted, and they are trapped for collections. These images will eventually be part of an online reference to the Waterfowl family.

However that is why I mentioned their status in my message, and didn't post images, but only links.

It allows those who may wish to see species that may be very difficult to see in the wild a chance to do so, and provide some indication of the high number of species at risk. At least 20% of the species of the approx. 160 species of duck are under threat. This seemed to me to be a reasonable discourse on a forum devoted to Threatened Birds of the World.

Anyone who doesn't wish to do so could, of course, refrain, from clicking on the links. However, it is not my wish to break the rules of this site, and I would have no problems with the moderaters removing this post if they think it is contrary to the intent of the forum.

Dendermondse rare duck Belgische in Appingedam, Netherlands.

Rare photo of Dendermondse duck

"Origin: The #Dendermonde #duck is a duck that regularly pops up in the history of our other native duck breeds . She is cited as a possible ancestor of both the #Merchtem as #Huttegemse Duck and Duck Frost was originally a failed version of the same Dendermonde . Strange is that the origin and history of a race that is so often speaks in the domestic and foreign literature can be found. So little data back Often confused with the Dendermonde duck or Swedish Pomeranian ducks and some go so far as to claim that it was descended . Our Dendermondse It is generally assumed that the Dendermonde duck in the nineteenth century, a large area known in #Flanders ."

Attachments

• 1486074_10203844482498134_6904211515081725048_o.jpg
    1486074_10203844482498134_6904211515081725048_o.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 168
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back