• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Melanesia (2 Viewers)

The publication date of the Beehler book has been continuously pushed forward, which makes me wonder why they bother to mention a probable publication date. I recall someone mentioning on OrientalBirding that we should not expect this book to be published prior to 2015.

Last edited:
That whole 'Mayan 2012' thing is putting the zap on me getting a new New Guinea bird guide. Don't these publishes believe in wacked theories of doom!

That whole 'Mayan 2012' thing is putting the zap on me getting a new New Guinea bird guide. Don't these publishes believe in wacked theories of doom!

In a word, no! They leave the new-age mumbo jumbo to the neurosthenic. Much more believable that a huge meteor hits us tomorrow and resolves all of our personal problems immediately. However, I have been giving serious thought to buying a lot on top of Mt. Everest. It could be prime beach-front property soon...

Last edited:
thanks. I prefer the white cover over the black, but the black one is cheaper. I think I'll probably go with the white one anyway.

Jumping to my own defence here - the back of the Eastern Yellow Wag is actually olive in the original plate....can't be blamed for printing darkening!! ;)

thanks. I prefer the white cover over the black, but the black one is cheaper. I think I'll probably go with the white one anyway.

I must admit that I also prefer the white cover version. But at the given price differences, I had to have other priorities.

Adam, I know you weren't making a big deal, but I do want it to be correct. So I've slightly modified the review to say that the illustration was reproduced too darkly.

Swissboy said:
I must admit that I also prefer the white cover version. But at the given price differences, I had to have other priorities.
I did go with the white one (still waiting for delivery so twiddling my fingers until then), but it was only NZ$10 difference because I think one was discounted at the time.

Got my copy today :)
I only wish that my "Australian Field Guide by M. Morcombe" had paintings of that kind!
That´s pure art, Adam, well done!

The only "downside": I would appreciate if the birds of New Guinea has been covered also.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back