• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FIELD WORK....APUNTES del NATURAL (2 Viewers)

Greetings...

Well..Long time since my last entry here,..Very erratic in my work and my life these days,..Trying to figure my next move again..I have been painting in the studio ,trying to revive my contemporary work, and although I went out in the field a few times,to paint, my results werent really worth to share ..
I actually have some sort of a personality crisis going on..I feel that I dont like too much my member name "mayoayo",I am tired of that name.,,Is Ok for an ebay nickname but I wanna outgrow that name and relate with friends and other members in this forum with my real name..Manuel Mondejar...I am therefore closing this thread and All activity in this forum under the "Mayoayo" name,and go in hibernation until I can be properly introduced in society with my real name..
To close this period I will share with you my last avian study..Is part of a series of recent studies,that I am doing In a safari park that is actually very close to my home,about 3 km...The place is like a small zoo with animals roaming free in large enclosed areas,and they take tours with buses and things like that..You get the picture..What I didnt know is that they have a collection of raptors...I found out in a brochure,just recently and decided to ask permission to go draw the birds ,..They told me yes,and I have been there already twice,..I can spend the whole day ,pretty much by myself in the presence of the beauties..A large European Eagle Owl,an American Great Horned ,a Bubo Bengalensis,a Lanner falcon, a Saker falcon, a Common buzzard,Red tail Hawk,Harris Hawk,Steppe Eagle ,oh,and a pair of pretty cool Burrowing Owls..This is much different of working with a telescope or pictures or videos...the detail and emotional charge of having such wonderful creatures a couples meters in front of you is great..I cant thank the birds enough for this collaboration..So although captive,these birds are going to be my avian connexion for the next weeks,..I hope to be able to visit at least once a week for a while...For now I only did some studies,but I intend to do some developed works..or maybe not..
but anyway,to close the period and start the New (Good time of the year to do so,and the right moment according to the Mayan ,You cant deny that! )
I leave You with this Ink study of an unknown and unfinished falcon, and wish You all a happy ,happy time..
Best regards
Mayoayo

Attachments

• IMG_5908 (1154x1600).jpg
    IMG_5908 (1154x1600).jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 69
Well..Long time since my last entry here,..Very erratic in my work and my life these days,..Trying to figure my next move again..I have been painting in the studio ,trying to revive my contemporary work, and although I went out in the field a few times,to paint, my results werent really worth to share ..
I actually have some sort of a personality crisis going on..I feel that I dont like too much my member name "mayoayo",I am tired of that name.,,Is Ok for an ebay nickname but I wanna outgrow that name and relate with friends and other members in this forum with my real name..Manuel Mondejar...I am therefore closing this thread and All activity in this forum under the "Mayoayo" name,and go in hibernation until I can be properly introduced in society with my real name..
To close this period I will share with you my last avian study..Is part of a series of recent studies,that I am doing In a safari park that is actually very close to my home,about 3 km...The place is like a small zoo with animals roaming free in large enclosed areas,and they take tours with buses and things like that..You get the picture..What I didnt know is that they have a collection of raptors...I found out in a brochure,just recently and decided to ask permission to go draw the birds ,..They told me yes,and I have been there already twice,..I can spend the whole day ,pretty much by myself in the presence of the beauties..A large European Eagle Owl,an American Great Horned ,a Bubo Bengalensis,a Lanner falcon, a Saker falcon, a Common buzzard,Red tail Hawk,Harris Hawk,Steppe Eagle ,oh,and a pair of pretty cool Burrowing Owls..This is much different of working with a telescope or pictures or videos...the detail and emotional charge of having such wonderful creatures a couples meters in front of you is great..I cant thank the birds enough for this collaboration..So although captive,these birds are going to be my avian connexion for the next weeks,..I hope to be able to visit at least once a week for a while...For now I only did some studies,but I intend to do some developed works..or maybe not..
but anyway,to close the period and start the New (Good time of the year to do so,and the right moment according to the Mayan ,You cant deny that! )
I leave You with this Ink study of an unknown and unfinished falcon, and wish You all a happy ,happy time..
Best regards
Mayoayo

A thoroughly wonderful drawing to end this thread, Mayoayo/Manuel! Now don't wait forever to start the next one.

Wonderfully energetic drawing Manuel - if this thread has to close, then a fine way to do so . . . and with anticipation for the new work on the new thread, sometime soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back