• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Buzzards. Kazakhstan. (1 Viewer)

White-tailed Eagles in Kazakhstan

Hello Askar,

I don't think we've met before.

I like your photographs. Do you have any other raptor species in your photograph collection?

Do you know how many White-tailed Eagles (Haliaeetus albicillca) are to be found in Kazakhstan at present?

Best wishes for 2007.

Chris

Chris Monk said:
Hello Askar,

I don't think we've met before.

I like your photographs. Do you have any other raptor species in your photograph collection?

Do you know how many White-tailed Eagles (Haliaeetus albicillca) are to be found in Kazakhstan at present?

Best wishes for 2007.

Chris

Salam Chris. All my raptors on http://www.birds.kz/index2e.html#ACCIPITRIDAE

I didn't count but I saw many albicilla on West, East and South-East Kazakhstan. I think this bird is not so rare in my country. See http://www.birds.kz/Haliaeetus albicilla/indexe.html

Askar

Hello Askar

I agree with Chris that they are good pictures.

Unfortunatly I am not good on my raptors but I was in Korgalzhin this summer and most of the buzzards that we saw in the area were long-legged buzzard and only a few common 'steppe' buzzards.

A fantastic area of the country which I hope visit in the future

Paul

I think that I posted many links. I have narrowed the question. Rufinus - five photos. What do you think?

Attachments

• Buteo rufinus 309.jpg
    Buteo rufinus 309.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Buteo rufinus 322.jpg
    Buteo rufinus 322.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Buteo rufinus 335.jpg
    Buteo rufinus 335.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Buteo rufinus 379.jpg
    Buteo rufinus 379.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Buteo rufinus 398.jpg
    Buteo rufinus 398.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 63
vulpinus?

Attachments

• Buteo buteo vulpinus 105.jpg
    Buteo buteo vulpinus 105.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Buteo buteo vulpinus 109.jpg
    Buteo buteo vulpinus 109.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Buteo buteo vulpinus 111.jpg
    Buteo buteo vulpinus 111.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 60
The first vulpinus from post #7 must be correct (2 & 3... too difficult for me), just like the Long-legged Buzzards 1, 2, 3 and 5 from post # 6 (can't comment on 4).
I should say I mostly looked at their jizz, not necessarily plumage features.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back