• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First day with Papilio11 6.5x21 (1 Viewer)

Mario8

My new Papilios arrived today, noon in Central Cal,hot bright sunny day, unpacked them in my barn.
First impression wow these are super bright! looked around long distance in my Pistachio orchard,good sharpness,read signs on top of telephone posts clearly, not bad.
Next I brought out my 8x56 Celestron Ultimas from the 80's for comparison, same FOV similar brightness at daytime and same magnification?huh?what? I kept looking at the magnification on the Papilio binoculars to make sure these were 6.5 and not 8.5x.The magnification of 6.5 on the Papilios is equivalent to my 8x Celestrons so those who think 6.5 is too weak a power...not so in the Papilios.
Of course my Celestrons have better ER and the image is more 3D in comparison.But the new multicoatings really are game changers so much brighter then I recall on earlier compacts.
Good compacts these Papilios!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back