• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2012 (1 Viewer)

Eee thars nowt wrong wi a bird on a stick lad!

Especially when they're done so well and the bird in question is an owl!

Mike

no messing - these have all the charm of some of your older se owls, but now have such confidence, powerful stuff!

Quite wonderful SEO's!
I'm very much looking forward to July! I might just bring out something which you mix with water and makes nice colours!

Russ

Thanks folks.

A rare excursion into planning; a small cartoon for a full sheet watercolour already in progress.

Attachments

• 002 (800x592) (640x474).jpg
    002 (800x592) (640x474).jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 97
cartoon nonsense! this is great!But still looking forward to see how you improve on it. You can pack more colour into a female eider than anyone.

well the planning resulted in this;
. . . and a small watercolour sketch of eiders and a l-t duck which may turn into something and a pastel sketch for a sharpie idea I have in mind.

Attachments

• eiders off south end small.JPG
    eiders off south end small.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 69
  • eider sketch small.JPG
    eider sketch small.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 88
  • curlews sketch small.JPG
    curlews sketch small.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 96
The cartoon is nice,but the light in the final piece is very ,very beautiful..Those two Eiders wont stop revealing themselves once and again,for the piece is perfectly developed from the original formal ideal into the true soul of a moment..
Congratulations,and many Thanks

Planning paid off Tim. It's great to be able to compare the cartoon and the finished painting. And the new eider sketch looks like it has a lot of potential.

Haven't done one of these for quite some time . . .

Attachments

• cg stage 1 (640x467).jpg
    cg stage 1 (640x467).jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 77
  • cg stage 2 (640x474).jpg
    cg stage 2 (640x474).jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 66
  • cg stage 3 (640x469).jpg
    cg stage 3 (640x469).jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 73
  • cg stage 4 (640x464).jpg
    cg stage 4 (640x464).jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 97
Haven't done one of these for quite some time . . .

it's all kicking off again

I did wonder with the white wingtips whether this years Icelands had started nesting in your shrubbery

but it's quintessential Common Gulls- something about them with their cleanness that puts them in another world: as if the white bits on a Common Gull are somehow the whitest of all, even than your Ivories and all

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back