• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

LOCAL LIVE.COM - Aeriel Photos, Maps, Bird's Eye Views - UK (1 Viewer)

Kezza

LOCAL LIVE.COM - Aerial Photos, Maps, Bird's Eye Views

Hi everyone

Just found this website, I believe it is a new one, that has excellent aerial photos, maps and birds eye views. Just type in a postcode, town etc to see your local patch in great detail. The aerial photos are about five years old, but useful nevertheless.

It is very slow to load if you don't have broadband, but worth it in the end. You can also save and share maps and there is a route finder too.

Seems a great resource to me and much better than the aerial photos from multimap. You can view an area in great detail before you visit.
See what you think.

http://local.live.com

Last edited:
Hey, thats nice. Not a rip of Google Maps either. I can see my house from here.
http://local.live.com/?v=2&cid=840F39AD6FC357F6!141

Bottom is south, great views.

wow B :) B :) B :) :t:

I love this stuff,used to like the google earth site but that kept freezing
so I deleted it from my desktop.

the detail on this site appears to be just a little better than the high in the sky products from getmapping aerial photography,they cost about £9 from amazon covering just one county.

matt

Last edited:
Kezza said:
Hi everyone

Just found this website, I believe it is a new one, that has excellent aerial photos, maps and birds eye views. Just type in a postcode, town etc to see your local patch in great detail. The aerial photos are about five years old, but useful nevertheless.

It is very slow to load if you don't have broadband, but worth it in the end. You can also save and share maps and there is a route finder too.

Seems a great resource to me and much better than the aerial photos from multimap. You can view an area in great detail before you visit.
See what you think.

http://local.live.com

Thanks Kezza, you have found a very useful facility there - well done! I can see a previous car of mine in the driveway.

Roger

Attachments

• ScreenShot039.bmp
    106.4 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
My initial impression is that its a Microsoft rip off of Google Earth and certainly slower for me than Google Earth is. Be very interesting to see an independent review of the two programmes to see what each has to offer.

Either have great potential IMHO for sharing birding locations as per my earlier posts on this subject....

John F

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back