• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whats this a Pencil (1 Viewer)

Any spare time ive had over the last few weeks, binos were slung over my head and off I went. Saturday wasnt good in terms of Birds so i sat in the van & practiced a little sketching (pencil outline then filled in with biro) I still need the eraser :-O. A couple of Shelduck at close quaters that I thought would be easy were not. Going around in circles with heads below the surface.A late Pochard sketch and GG Grebe

Attachments

• scan0001 (600 x 424).jpg
    scan0001 (600 x 424).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 81
  • scan0002 (600 x 458).jpg
    scan0002 (600 x 458).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
You are doing a great job for somebody who says that you are not an artist... Of course you are an artist, as much as anyone in this forum!!! I love your field work, those field sketches really capture the character of the birds. Keep them coming for us to enjoy!!
:hi:

Your too kind. Decided throw a little paint around last night. Wood Warbler seen at the weekend, possibly my favourite of all warblers. A3 water colour

Attachments

• woody 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    woody 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 86
A Staffordshire Mega in the shape of a Bluethroat turned up on Sunday. I had to have a go at painting the little cracker. I've not really done it justice & how do you get that Blue true to life.

Attachments

• blue throaty 005 (600 x 450).jpg
    blue throaty 005 (600 x 450).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 81
Really beautiful work there Bigshent. Your drawings and paintings are very true to form, there is a sense of lifelikeness in many of these birds. You have gifted hands and great perception. Keep on drawing. I very much enjoy your work.

, Oskar

he's lovely! The light is so soft and delicate! I rarely paint with watercolors, so I can't help with the blue colour...

I think the blue is spot on! This stunning bird is almost impossibly blue, and you've done a very good job with it. It looks like the northern (red spotted) subspecies? They are common birds in most of our mountains in Norway, but surprisingly rare to see along the coast during the migration. Very nice work!

A Staffordshire Mega in the shape of a Bluethroat turned up on Sunday. I had to have a go at painting the little cracker. I've not really done it justice & how do you get that Blue true to life.

Never seen one in person so it's hard to say about the color. But based on illustrations I've seen this sure looks good. And you've done a great job of putting him a believable environment as well.

Id got a pretty boring photo of a Sedge Warbler on a stick so I decided throw it in a Marsh Marigold :-O

Photo has lost a lot of pale greens which appear white here :C

Attachments

• pics 067 (700 x 535).jpg
    pics 067 (700 x 535).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 88
done a good job here pose of sedge ideal sitting just proud of background open beak as well excellent work sir thought you said you were not an artist. George

Catching up on the thread after being away from the forum. A great group of sketches - the egret really is well done.

The wood warbler's my fave of this latest batch, something to do with the cleanliness of the image I think.

Mike

Having very little time or motivation due one thing or enother for any art practice, I hadnt visited BFs Art thread and looks like Id missed some crackers. I finaly threw some paint around.

Attachments

• spotty 014 (450 x 600).jpg
    spotty 014 (450 x 600).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 74
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back