• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Zeiss Spotting Scopes (1 Viewer)

Hi SEOW et al, Apologies for very long delay in responding!! I am sorry I am not a very regular user of Bird Forum! So just in case anyone still looks at this - I should report that I in 18 months of use I am totally satisfied with the new Zeiss 85FL 20-75 zoom combo. I have now used this kit in every type of weather and light condition and would definitely contend that it is at least as good as any of its class rivals i.e. Swarovski, Leica or Kowa. Of course in the final analysis it is a case of personal preference all I can say is that I would recommend anyone trial the Zeiss scope before purchasing one of the others mentioned above.
Chris.

My thoughts entirely which I would hate because I have the 85 Diascope and now have the Victory HT binocular .The clarity and view of the HT bino is IMHO far superior to the Diascope as I have compared in my comments on the thread Here are the HT´S I am one of the fortunate people to have the HT bino and if they produce an HT diascope I feel that on my experience I will have to upgrade.Looking through the HT is like looking at the world with the light switched on compared to the diascope.I say no more .Eddy

Picked up a Zeiss 85 victory DIASCOPE with 20-75x zoom from ebay at £1100 which is almost a 50% reduction on new. It is a very good scope and I have compared it alongside a Swaro ATS 80 HD with 25-50 and 20-60x zoom. There is very little in it except that the 75x zoom on the Diascope gives greater reach for far away birds. The two speed focus takes a bit of time to get used to but does a good job. Although it is heavy with the 20-75 zoom compared to the Swaro, I think this is a very under-rated scope and deserves a look if you want a quality scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back