• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bbc Wildlife Programmes - Update (1 Viewer)

A CHAPLIN

BBC Wildlife Programmes - Update

Hope you have diaries, pens, paper whatever handy.

I have phoned the BBC Schedules Dept. this evening (phone no. 08700 100222, you will probably get the engaged tone but keep trying). This is the number to phone regarding their latest past and present schedules.

They do not yet have a new date for the Eagle has Landed but the Tiger Trade programme, which is part of the Natural World series is to be shown on Tuesday 8 March at 9.00 p.m.

I have also found out that Bill Oddie's programme/series Spring is to be shown at 7.30 pm on BBC 2 on Friday 25 March. Euan found out this specially for you and all the other Oddie fans out there.

My comment - "unless some sports event takes place instead that he is not yet aware of."

I am afraid I told a little white lie and said that I was phoning on behalf of at least 1,000 members of BirdForum, who were disappointed to have missed the 2 hourly "Natural World" programme. I hope that is okay with everyone?

I also told the young man who asked me to phone again anytime (thought that was very helpful) that he could be sure I would be phoning regularly about the Eagle programme and to confirm new dates if any future scheduled wildlife programmes were dropped in favour of sports events.

Hope these 2 programmes give some of you out there something to look forward to (if they don't change them as well). If they do you can be sure I will be back on that phone.

Happy watching

Ann Chaplin

Last edited:
Bbc

Thanks to you both, I enjoy trying to help and it is very nice to know it is appreciated.

Just wish I had a happy tearful smiley (have I spelt that right).

Believe me now I've got their number I will be using it a lot.

Although I sent an Email and was surprised to receive an aknowledgement saying they tried to deal with all queries within a few days. Nearly fell of my chair with amazement, that was last week, not had a reply yet and bet none of you others have either.

Thanks again guys.

Ann

Bbc

Thanks Lady and Gentlemen,

All these lovely messages have given me a warm glow (wild and wet here). It is nice to know trying to be helpful is appreciated by you all. Wish it were more like that in the "other" world.

As I said before now I have got their number they will hear from me regularly.

Ann

Last edited:
Thank you for that information Andy. It sounds very useful, I will be able to check what's on and if it isn't hound them again. Ha Ha.

Keep them busy and let them know some of their licence payers do like to watch wildlife/nature programmes especially English ones.

Hope you are enjoying being a member of BF. Some-one once wrote that Steve was the most popular name on here, think Andy is catching up.

Ann Chaplin

PS Thanks, great site. Had a quick look now going to study it in detail and learn my way around.

Last edited:
keep up the good work Ann! - without you, i would of missed a few cracking programmes. great to have a nature TV secretary with us!!! - cheers, again.

to late for me i'm afraid,just given my tv to the bloke down the skip and i aint buying another.next years tv licence fund is going towards some ultravids,or higrades,or el's,or armmmm oh dear''any ideas''? matt
[still not a proper birder]

LOL Good for you Matt! If I lived on my own I wouldn't bother with tv but as hubby loves his movies we have to have one!

And THANK YOU Ann for hassling the tv companies on our behalf! Hopefully they WILL realise that there ARE some folk out there who need more than a bland diet of Big Brother/X Factor/soaps etc (don't like to use the term reality tv as nature IS the reality!)
I'll make a note of that programme at 9pm tomorrow...cheers!

GILL

Thanks for the info Anne, good of you to take the trouble to phone :t:
spend to much time on BF to look at tv program times, :news:

Red Alert - Programme Change

Oh gosh golly, don't know what to say, I am crying (happy) it is so nice to be appreciated. Hope you have got those pens, pads, videos ready. Here we go

RED ALERT

I have just checked the schedules and found that the Tiger Trade programme that was to be shown last week as part of the Natural World last Tuesday has been moved to tomorrow Tuesday 8 March BBC2 at 9.00 pm under the title This World. Thank goodness I have been at home and awake today or I would not have checked the content of a programme called "This World" thinking it political or something, I wonder why they have changed the title?

Ann Chaplin

ps oops I am really sorry I didn't post this earlier, brain fell asleep
pps Why isn't there a symbol for emergencies

Last edited:
matt green said:
to late for me i'm afraid,just given my tv to the bloke down the skip and i aint buying another.next years tv licence fund is going towards some ultravids,or higrades,or el's,or armmmm oh dear''any ideas''? matt
[still not a proper birder]

i like your attitude! - get rid of the TV and get a pair of ultravids. i very rarely watch TV these days, and much prefer BF and going out with my bins (ultravids) on days when im not at work. much healthier than getting brainwashed with todays rubbish.

shame nature programmes are only on a couple of times per week, and mostly repeats. if the BBC had a proper daily Bill Oddie type programme on every day like the soaps etc are, i would be a BIG fan of TV.....

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back