• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hähnel ProCube for Olympus and Sony Li-Ion camera batteries & AA-batteries (1 Viewer)

Binoseeker

Mostly using spectacles (myopic) with binoculars.
I wanted a battery charger for my Olympus BLN-1 batteries to be charged in my car by 12v.

I got the Hähnel ProCube for Olympus & Sony camera batteries.
It can also charge NiMh AA batteries but only four at the same time.
It has usb-power outlet.

It is solid built with lots of electronics inside.
When charging a battery there is an indicator going up and down, and there is a number telling the charging level which is good to know.

I guess it will tell in some way if battery is faulty.

You can charge two camera batteries at the same time.

It comes with a 220v power adapter and a 12v car adapter.

There are four changable camera battery adapters, two for Sony (NP-BX1, NP-FW50) and two for Olympus (BLN-1 and BLS-5).

I have an old Olympus E-620 with two BLS-1 batteries.
- Original 7.2V, 1150 mah.
- Pirate 7.4V, 1200mah.

The BLS-5 batteri spec. is 7.4V, 1150 mah.

The BLS-1 fitted in the BLS-5 adapter, in size and the electric contacts fitted also when I put the battery in the right way, checked polarities before I put the battery in the BLS-5 holder.
The battery is symmetric so it can be put in the wrong way.

I had charged the BLS-1 batteries with the original Olympus charger earlier, , the ProCube showed approx 95% on both batteries, and started to charge them.

Since BLS-1 and BLS-5 are both Li-Ion and have nearly the same spec I think
it will work ok to charge the BLS-1 in the BLS-5 adapter, at least I will use it this way for now :).

Specification on the bottom of the device says Output Li-Ion 4.2/8.4V.
DC Input 12V= , 1200 mA.

Anders

The Hähnel charges olympus original battery and the expro battery to 8.33 V.

Olympus original charger gives the Expro battery a charge of 8.33 V and the olympus original battery 8.59 V.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back