• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tyke Spurn Meet? (1 Viewer)

Keith Dickinson

Opus Editor
Taking time out from emailing sponsors and speakers to start this off.
Who's up for a Spurn Meet sometime between now and end of October?
For me it would have to be a Sunday as I have run out of holidays, 19th of October is also out as that is the day I will be doing the conference but don't let that stop you.

Shout out now chaps (and chappesses)

Weekends of 19th or 26th are only ones I could possibly do, first 2 weekends are out for me.

Richard

Isn't Sunday 26th October the day the clocks go back to GMT so the sun will be setting an hour earlier on the clock? So it will have to be an early start to make the most of daylight hours......

MS

As always I'll keep my eyes on the thread, and if anyone's going and wants a passenger from Sheff who'll pay his way with petrol costs let me know.

I'm potentially going this weekend. I am then unavailable for 2 weekends, after which I should be free again.

Looking at who has posted so far
Richard 19 or 26 Oct
Andy 5 19 or 26
Me 5 12 or 26
Rob 12 19 or 26

So 4 for 26, 3 for 19 and 2 each for 5 and 12

Twentywell - for Spurn it is always best to be early so having the clocks go back shouldn't be such an issue. Just means that you drink less on Saturday night if you are a driver.

Anyone elsse want to chuck their hat in the ring?

Looking at who has posted so far
Richard 19 or 26 Oct
Andy 5 19 or 26
Me 5 12 or 26
Rob 12 19 or 26

So 4 for 26, 3 for 19 and 2 each for 5 and 12

Twentywell - for Spurn it is always best to be early so having the clocks go back shouldn't be such an issue. Just means that you drink less on Saturday night if you are a driver.

Anyone elsse want to chuck their hat in the ring?

I wouldn't think there would be much around on the 26th. Usually past it's best by mid-Oct, unless you like winter visitors

With the tide times it looks like the 5th would be a good choice, high tide late afternoon. The 2 early morning high tides would be less appealing and the 19th is right out for me.

Wont be around on the 5th but did go today so I don't mind being left behind! Hope you have as good a day as I did.

After today's jaunt across to the peninsula for the masked shrike I have burnt all my bridges with my OH. Will need to earn brownie points to get a day off now so I can't promise to be around on any day next month. Sorry guys - blame the shrike.

In that case, can I suggest looking at the weekends of the 11th/12th or 18th/19th for a run to spurn/flamborough whichever looks the most interesting at the time?

Anyone interested stick their preferred or possible days.

In that case, can I suggest looking at the weekends of the 11th/12th or 18th/19th for a run to spurn/flamborough whichever looks the most interesting at the time?

Anyone interested stick their preferred or possible days.

Id be interested in the 18/19th preferably the 18th for me though

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back