• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (10 Viewers)

Dare I ask what you are doing up at 3.51am ?

Well I reckon he has just come indoors from sitting on the "quayside, reaching the lowest steps, watching the ripples expanding insistantly outwardly, resistantly inwardly, the silhuotte of an egret prodding searchingly, a leopard skin of contradictions beckoning in new day';););)

What self respecting birdwatcher would not be out at that time of day. My bird surveys have been starting with the dawn 6 days a week for the past 10 weeks and many finnishing with the deep dusk. By 7 am most of the good birds have disapeared into the undergrowth for the day.

Do you know josh ? I assume he'd just rolled in from some all night rave and fancied posting on here.[/QUOTE

wuh eh what! seagull ;););)

Gun Hill, Burnham Overy Staithe

Three Spoonbills, one going west at 7.55pm, another west at 8pm and another feeding in the pool east of the main seabank down to Gun Hill! A wonderful evening.

Full update on blog.

Penny:girl:

Shouldham Warren

Hey Guys and Dolls

Leila and myself went to Shouldham Warren last night. We managed a single male Nightjar at close range and then amazingly another bird was sat in the middle of the road as we made our way towards Marham. Also Tawny Owl seen.

See link for full report, videos and photos from the night

www.showingwell.com

Video of Nightjar in road at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfSU2GYjiyw
Please excuse our excitiment and poor footage, a mild obscenity also used, so if your extremely easily offended then dont watch, or stop the video before 19seconds. Enjoy

Last edited:
Hey Guys and Dolls

Leila and myself went to Shouldham Warren last night. We managed a single male Nightjar at close range and then amazingly another bird was sat in the middle of the road as we made our way towards Marham. Also Tawny Owl seen.

See link for full report, videos and photos from the night

www.showingwell.com

Video of Nightjar in road at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfSU2GYjiyw
Please excuse our excitiment and poor footage, a mild obscenity is used also used so if your extremely easily offended then dont watch or stop the video before 19seconds. Enjoy

Fantastic video! Wouldn't worry about the obscenity, first time I saw a nightjar I said many a bad thing, and I was far younger than I am now!
Fascinating bird!

All quiet on the Eastern Front! Other than the R-F-F at Hickling it seems like another quiet one!

And the moral for all you up and coming youngsters (and a few old timers!) is...

....a 1-s male Red-footed Falcon about a mile south of Horsey Corner... If anyone is out tomorrow, either Hickling or Upton Fen could be worth a look.

...always listen to experience! :-O

James

Holidaying in area, as we parked up at the Siffkey camping site a small party of gulls foraging in grass contained 3 cracking adult Med Gulls.

Pity the weathers gone to rats since, was looking forward to a coastal walk this evening.

Holidaying in area, as we parked up at the Siffkey camping site a small party of gulls foraging in grass contained 3 cracking adult Med Gulls.

Pity the weathers gone to rats since, was looking forward to a coastal walk this evening.

Always lovely to see Med Gulls!
Apologies for the weather! Tomorrow is meant to be fine and warm though and clear in the evening :)

Fantastic views of the Red footed Falcon at Hickling this afternoon - waited an hour an a quarter for the bird to come closer - and it did;) got some half decent shots sitting on the fence and in flight. Dipped on the Marsh Warbler at Winterton though:-C

Full update on blog.

Penny:girl:

Titchwell June 13th

Today’s highlights

Green sandpiper – 2 on reserve
Little gull – 1st summer on fresh marsh
Bittern – female feeding 2 young on the grazing meadow and showing well all day. 2nd female feeding young in main reedbed
Spoonbill – 1 west @ 16:00
Red crested pochard – female with 1 young on grazing marsh pool
Hobby – 1 over the reedbed
Common sandpiper – 1 on fresh marsh

Back from hols today (slightly dazed and confused) so updates should be back to normal.

Paul

There was a Ferruginous Duck at Strumpshaw yesterday. At the risk of sounding even more stupid than usual is this it? It was photographed from Fen hide and there was nobody else there to help with the ID.

Ron

Attachments

• Ferruginous-duck.jpg
    Ferruginous-duck.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 1,351
Thanks Oliver. It had white eyes and a triangular white patch under the tail but the guides talk about a peaked, almost triangular head, which was not apparent, so I wasn't sure.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back