• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wildlife of Missouri Artwork (1 Viewer)

Great frog!

On my one and only trip to the States I stayed in North Carolina with my wife's Dad and stepmom. They arranged a BBQ and wanted to borrow some bits from a neighbour's shed so I was sent to bring them over. A tree frog took me by surprise, he was hiding behind some of the stuff that I moved and, as I moved it, he leapt out in my direction. The previous day we'd been walking on a forest trail and had encountered a Copperhead so I can tell you that little frog scared the bejaysus out of me! I forgave him though just because he was such a gorgeous little beastie!

Mike

St. Francis River Crayfish

I sincerely appreciate all of your kind comments regarding my artwork, but what I really love the most are your own stories of how/when you encountered some of these beautiful, magical creatures when you were out enjoying nature. It is for this reason I do what I do. Thank you so much.

Now here's a new watercolor of a St. Francis River Crayfish, unique to one of Missouri's most beautiful waterways. Enjoy.

Attachments

• st francis river crayfish.jpg
    st francis river crayfish.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 68
Tremendous Tom. Such a thrill to be able to relate to work on a personal level.
Millstream Gardens that the St.Francis flows through, mum & pop loading us up and going down there 40 plus years ago.
Yep, seen those "daddies".

Your work and others that contribute here from around the world touches the heart in manner that cant be expressed by cogniscent thought. Thanks to you and many others here that take the time to share magnificent gifts.

Wild Irises

Here's my latest attempt at "Wild Irises", sometimes called "Blue Flags". These are distinctly different from their domesticated cousins. Abundant throughout Missouri, they provide a wonderful splash of color to the landscape in mid- to late spring. This is one of my larger original watercolors, measuring 24"x28". Enjoy.

Attachments

• wild irises.jpg
    wild irises.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 52
Here's my latest attempt at "Wild Irises", sometimes called "Blue Flags". These are distinctly different from their domesticated cousins. Abundant throughout Missouri, they provide a wonderful splash of color to the landscape in mid- to late spring. This is one of my larger original watercolors, measuring 24"x28". Enjoy.

Beautifully handled. Just been through your thread and am very taken by your accomplished and delicate handling of watercolour...

Those irises are incredible! Wonderful job.

We have them up here in Ontario in the spring as well, beautiful plants.

American Goldfinch

Here's a newly completed watercolor of an American Goldfinch perched among day lilies. I wanted to do a subject that would be complimented by a pale yellow mat board and gold frame I already own. The goldfinch matched them perfectly. Enjoy.

Attachments

• american goldfinch II.JPG
    american goldfinch II.JPG
    401.5 KB · Views: 60
Irises along the upper Meramec is a splash of color thats turned a few heads.
Have a feeling many more folks will appreciate after your effort,Tom.

Stunning depth and color in Goldfinch & day lilies. Beautifully hypnotic.

American Bison

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted. Hope everyone had a great summer. I've wanted to do an american bison (we call them "buffalo") for a long time, but generally don't do a lot of mammals, mainly because of the limited color pallette and painting "fur" not conducive to my watercolor style. Anyway, here's my first attempt at a buffalo (watercolor, 11"x14"). Enjoy.

Attachments

• american bison.jpg
    american bison.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 58
Magnolia Blossom

Just finished this quick study of a "Magnolia Blossom"; watercolor; 11"x14". Enjoy.

Attachments

• magnolia blossom.jpg
    magnolia blossom.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 51
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back