• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Illinois May 19, 2017 (1 Viewer)

I have asked local experts some flycatcher id questions, but do not want to overwhelm them and affect good will. I appreciate any help you can provide.

I know many of the Empid ids are tricky, but are straightforward and some can be reduced to certain possibilities.

I am thinking

1) Olive-sided Flycatcher
2) Yellow-bellied Flycatcher
3) Least Flycatcher
4) Eastern Pewee
5) Not sure.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 323_01.JPG
    323_01.JPG
    740.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 244.jpg
    244.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 007_02.jpg
    007_02.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 345_01.jpg
    345_01.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 29
  • 536.JPG
    536.JPG
    508.4 KB · Views: 30
1) An Olive-sided would have a much darker "vest". This looks like an Eastern Wood-Pewee.
2) OK with Yellow-bellied.
3) OK with Least.
4) Not dark enough for a Pewee. Wish we could see the primary projection - that would help. Looks like a Willow / Alder with the minimal eye ring.
5) Looks like another Least.

Well this primary projection is too long for a Willow / Alder. Maybe it is a Pewee that just looks light because of the bright scene, and possibly overexposed ... ?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back