• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The commonest bird in your garden at the moment? (2 Viewers)

Talon 1

It would be interesting to see which is the commonest bird in each ones garden in differant parts of the World and in England in which county.

I am in Kent and its the Sparrow, No complaints i love em!

Anyone else?

I live in Galway, Ireland. The 2 most common birds I have are Greenfinches and House Sparrows. Last Summer there were well over 30 Greenfinches in the garden and maybe 20 Sparrows. I wish I could attract more species but I do get the occasional Blue and Great Tits. There is also a few Chaffinches around.

Northeast Arizona here. Right now, Band-tailed Pigeons outnumber everyone else. Somewhere between 20 and 30 every day. In late April, however, we maxed out at 104 Cassin's Finches, the highest I've ever recorded in the yard at one time. :eek!:

I am in Sedgley in the West Midlands and in our Garden it is Greenfinch. No House sparrows at all, but now there are the odd ones nearby.

Suffolk - the starling here. I have about sometimes 50 in my small garden.

Then it's the sparrow which is my favourite bird and then the blackbird has done well with a couple of broods.

I'm getting more Starlings than anything else at the moment, closely followed by Collared Doves. Loads of young of both species. Other than that, I get a few birds each of about 13 other species.

Sparrow and Starling, then blue tits, green finches, gold finches, black birds, magpies, pidgeons, ravens, robins and GS woodpeckers.

Robert

suprisingly Tree Sparrow - usually 4 knocking around but have had upto 15 in the garden at the same time.

closely followed by House Sparrow, then Greenfinch.

the bird said:
suprisingly Tree Sparrow - usually 4 knocking around but have had upto 15 in the garden at the same time.

closely followed by House Sparrow, then Greenfinch.

thats in Hambleton, North Yorks.

Blue Tits. Two recently fledged broods from garden nestboxes + adults> 15 birds; also have a fledged brood of 3 Bullfinches- first time they have nested in the garden.

This last week on a daily basis
20-30 Blue and Great Tits
2 House Sparrows
4 Robins
5 Magpies
6 Thrush
8-10 Blackbirds
2 Adult and 2 young Jays
2 Rock doves
and a Laburnum tree full of Wood Pidgeons getting high on the blossom I have even seen one hanging upside down to get at them.

Kinloss, Moray, Scotland

Most common in my garden are House Sparrows
and Chaffinches. Alot of Starlings at the moment as well.

My county is Argyll in Scotland and the most common in my garden are blackbirds. thrushes , blue tits and chaffinches All of them plentiful especially the blackbirds.A few wagtails. Not many sparrows or Starlings. A relative about a mile away has loads of sparrows every day in her garden! I also see the odd curlew down on the shore along with herons and oyster catchers some of which are nesting just above the shoreline.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back