• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Posting pictures (1 Viewer)

rollingthunder

England
Can you just post straight from your hard drive onto these forums or do you have to find a site to host them and link them - it looks like the former option - if so what do you have to do to the images to post ?

MTIA.....Loz.

Hi,

To attach pictures:

If you are in a new thread press the grey "Manage Attachments" button. If you are replying to a post you need to press "Go Advanced" first rather than use "Quick Reply".

Press "Browse" to find the picture and the press Upload. Now wait until you see that the upload has completed (information about the file will appear). Attach any other pictures in the same way and then press "Close this Window".

Your picture(s) should now be attached.

If you want to post a picture in the gallery go to the Gallery by clicking on the Gallery Link at the top of the page. Click on the Upload Pictures button and follow the instructions.

You should keep your file sizes as small as possible (preferably under 100K) as not everyone has BroadBand. The dimension should be 800x800 or less.

Hope this helps.

Robin - many tnx - have copied and pasted yr reply for future reference - just out of interest what if my picture is larger than permitted can i downsize in order to post without affecting the resolution of the original picture ?

MTIA...Loz.

rollingthunder said:
Robin - many tnx - have copied and pasted yr reply for future reference - just out of interest what if my picture is larger than permitted can i downsize in order to post without affecting the resolution of the original picture ?

MTIA...Loz.
If you have a software like Photoshop you can resize the picture. There will be some loss of quality, but with most software packages you can see what the final version is like. The most important thing is that the file should be a practical size for viewing on the web.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back