• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Presentation (1 Viewer)

Hello,

I'm Johan Nilsson.

I signed in here because of a strange sound that I can't identify (which gives me headache).

Btw, great idea with a discussion forum where bird watchers can exchange ideas.

I work as a software developer in the car industry. If you ride a Volvo or Saab, we have already exchanged services. I might even save your life one day, since my software helped manufacturing your airbag.

The Swedish birding site that I visit most is the lake Hornborgasjön, known for its cranes passing in the spring. I grew up a bicycle ride from there (even though there was a mountain between), and now lives within 45 km's distance.

Favourite bird is...can't decide, have to choose two.

Starling. When I first got interested in birds, at my early teenage years, this was the first species I had a chance to get close to. A pair of them breeded in a nesting box outside by window, and I got up early in the mornings just to follow the show.

Redstart. Again fond memories from my early days of birdwatching. My grand parents had a pair of them breeding in their garden, and I used to sit in the car watching them. Where I live, they have become rare, but I really look for this bird every time. Beautiful song.

Other interests:

Society. Believe it or not, but I'm a free market environmentalist. Capitalism is a wonderful thing that has relieved large portions of mankind from poverty, and will continue to do so. As poverty disappears, people start spending money on good environment.

Football. Favourite team is IF Elfsborg in the Swedish highest division, Allsvenskan. In fact, we are looking forward to seeing two new Premier League signings in the lineup: Anders Svensson (Southampton) and Mattias Svensson (Norwich). Yes, their teams were both relegated.

Doing sports. Just came home from a 15 km run. In the winter I enjoy telemark downhill skiing and cross-country skiing.

Last edited:
Hello Johan and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum.

Can your life get any fuller? ;) It's good to have you here and we look forward to your future participation :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back